The Athena Film Festival is looking for interns for our 2016 Festival! If you think you would like to apply, read the job description below and send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 19, 2015. We look forward to seeing your applications!
Athena Film Festival Internship Job Description
2015 – 2016
The Athena Film Festival duties will be divided between two interns. Interns will work closely with the Athena Festival Team to complete various projects and to facilitate all film-related programming. Internship duties will vary during the Spring/Summer months and the Fall/Winter.
During Spring/Summer 2015, interns will:
- Review and track film submissions
- Research other festivals to scout for films. Work includes watching trailers; reading synopsis; sending out requests for screeners to directors, producers, distribution companies, and production companies
- Watch and review films for consideration
- Manage submissions for the Athena List
- Participate in weekly phone meetings
- Manage the Athena Film Festival email account, respond to incoming questions about the festival
- Update the official film festival website (using WordPress) as necessary
- Manage the International Women’s Film Festival Network (using WordPress) as necessary
During the Fall/Winter, interns will be responsible for event programming and preparation during the period leading up to the festival, which include some of the duties above as well as:
- Organizing student outreach events on campus
- Researching biographies of filmmakers
- Creating posters, schedules etc. for the events and creating video/photo projects leading up to the festival
- Decorating areas of the festival for special events
- Assisting the Volunteer Manager
- Assisting with any last minute details during the weekend of the festival
- Introducing films during the festival as well as moderating Q&A’s
- Assisting with setup and breakdown of events
Interns should be comfortable with Google Drive and must be efficient, punctual, outgoing, responsive, and personable. There will be a variety of tasks that change weekly including helping with mailing, maintaining databases, and researching filmmakers and film websites. Candidates must have excellent writing skills and be comfortable with conference calls and working remotely.
Interns report directly to Maria Perez-Martinez (Operations Manager) and Melissa Silverstein (Artistic Director). This internship is within the Athena Center for Leadership Studies and at times, interns will be responsible for office duties such as: answering phones, mailings, data entry, etc. This internship will run from April/May 2015 until March 2016. Interns work full-time over the summer, 10-15 hours a week in the fall, and anywhere from 10-15 hours a week from December-February. Interns may be required to work over Winter Break. If you have a work-study, the internship is acceptable under the terms and conditions of Barnard work study policies.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Maria Perez-Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 19, 2015.