The Athena Film Festival at Barnard College is committed to creating an accessible festival environment for people with disabilities.
Thank you to our partners at The Loreen Arbus Foundation for their support and for serving as the festival’s accessibility sponsor.
Below is an outline of the steps we took this year to create an accessible festival:
- Opening Captions on certain films, you will see the OC symbol or tag on those selected films
- ASL interpretation at all panels, and intros/q&as/panels with Open Caption films
- Live captioning at all panels, and intros/q&as/panels with Open Caption films
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Large Print Materials
- Sensory Friendly Room
- Wheelchair seating in all venues, and a wheelchair-friendly campus
- Fully accessible to people with mobility devices
We are able to accommodate the following upon request:
- Audio Description for Films
- Access for Service Animals
- Braille Materials
If you have any questions on our accessibility measures, or would like to request a future accommodation, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.