The Athena Film Festival is hiring a Volunteer Management consultant. Full descriptions and information on where to apply are below.
Athena Film Festival Consulting Services Advertisement: Volunteer Management
The Athena Film Festival seeks a part-time consultant to fulfill volunteer management services for the 2019 Athena Film Festival (February 28- March 3, 2019). The consultant will provide the following services:
In advance of the festival:
- Create volunteer recruitment form, select volunteer database, and develop shift schedule
- Oversee recruitment of volunteers, including outreach and marketing initiatives
- Serve as primary point of contact for 300+ festival volunteers and respond to all external inquiries about volunteering;
- Create training and procedure documents for volunteers and host training sessions
- Assign shifts and roles to volunteers
- Organize and manage Street Team volunteers to help with marketing, poster hanging, and postcard dissemination. Other pre-festival volunteer duties include gift bag stuffing, office admin help, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and provide regular status updates to festival leadership
During the festival:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of Volunteer Headquarters. This includes receiving and directing volunteers to their stations, providing on-site training and keeping time so volunteers are at their assigned stations on schedule
- Communicate with venue captains about volunteer role, venue supply needs and general support
- Assist with organizing in-kind food/beverage dissemination & re-supply to venues
- Create a wrap report at end of the festival
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years volunteer, event and/or film festival experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Previous volunteer coordination experience preferred
- Be a vocal leader with excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to thrive in a small team environment, to take responsibility and to meet deadlines
- Basic computer skills required, including spreadsheets and databases.
- Enthusiasm for our festival and dedication to our mission
- Outstanding communication skills are essential
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with google drive and Microsoft Office
TERM OF CONTRACT: November 1, 2018 – March 6, 2019. Required to be on-site all four days of the festival (February 28 – March 3, 2019).
LOCATION: New York City
For services rendered by the contractor, the client will provide compensation of a fixed amount of $8,000.
Please send the cover letter with résumé (electronically) by October 19 to:
Early applications encouraged. No phone calls, please.